An imperious interchange of interpersonal introductions

Home Forums The Chamber of Cabal Chat An imperious interchange of interpersonal introductions

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hallowtek Hallowtek 2 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hallowtek
    Hallowtek
    Gorgon

Whether you’re a possible applicant, a fresh recruit, a crotchety old veteran or a friend from another guild, this is the thread in which we greet each other gratuitously!

I’ll just hang back here and wait for everyone else to introduce themselves before … wait, I have to go first because I made the thread? Says who? Are we certain that’s in the rulebook?

Okay, okay, fine.

*clears throat*

Hello all!

I’m the player of Hallowtek. I’ve been a MMO role-playing addict since around 2003, with some scattered MUD and tabletop history before that. My massively multiplayer meanderings have taken me through original EverQuest, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Rift, Star Trek Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic, The Secret World, Neverwinter, Elder Scrolls Online, WildStar and Final Fantasy XIV. I’ve been involved in leading, co-leading or serving as an officer for several guilds, as well as serving as a moderator for a few RP community websites.

My RP tends to be influenced by my love for the works of Douglas Adams and H.P. Lovecraft, which basically means I like weird stuff and use far too many words. Steampunk, cyberpunk and Gothic themes are also favorites of mine. There’s often an undercurrent of D/s as well, though I try not to club people over the head with it in public RP.

As a result of my experiences in MMO RP communities over the years, I’m a big believer in the “live and let live” approach, understanding that every role-player is different, and that trolling or mocking the preferences of other players not only hurts our hobby by driving good people away, it hurts those people personally. As such, it’s super important to me that our cabal affords a safe haven from that kind of bullying.

Also, I like terrible puns and tea. Lots and lots of tea.

But enough about me, now it’s your turn!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.