Respecting Your Privacy: What the Admin Can and Cannot See

Home Forums The Sanitarium of Site Issues Respecting Your Privacy: What the Admin Can and Cannot See

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hallowtek Hallowtek 1 year ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hallowtek
    Hallowtek
    Gorgon

When creating an account on a new website, privacy and security concerns are totally understandable. Our guild site is built on WordPress, and in truth, the personal information available through the admin UI is pretty limited. Here’s a rundown of what yours truly can and cannot see.

I CAN view your IP address if needed. This is necessary for anti-spam measures, i.e. full on IP bans to stop bots from creating an endless wave of accounts.

I CANNOT view your choice of password. I have the ability to generate a new one in the rare case it would be necessary (since the site has the standard built-in feature to reset your password via email), but I am unable to see any password you enter manually.

I CANNOT view private messages sent between users, so you’re free to make fun of my tea obsession behind my back. Should a situation arise where someone is using private messages in a harassing way, please provide a screenshot or copy-paste the text when contacting the guild leadership.

If you have any additional questions concerning privacy or account security, don’t hesitate to contact us!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.